Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Summary Judgments, Volume 9

Grinding Through

Here are a few more records that I didn't give a full, fair hearing, but they might interest you.

Sound & Fury: Pulsacion (2013)

This is actually extremely interesting: Instrumental music made primarily with rock and roll drums with saxophone. It reminds me somewhat of Dead Neanderthals and Pivixki, but overall it's less intense, more experimentally-minded, and sometimes even sprawling. Though, while I find it interesting, I'm not convinced it's in my wheelhouse.



Ektro Records


Acacia: Tills döden skiljer oss åt (2013)

I would have fucking loved Acacia back in the days when I was transitioning from Nightwish to Dimmu Borgir. It's doomy black metal with some serious polish and clean female singing. I'd say it splits the difference between Nightwish and Dimmu. Based on that description, you already know whether or not you're interested. (I'm not.)



Vardan: The Woods Is My Coffin (2014)

Do people really listen to this stuff? As far as I can tell, it's just boring, slow-paced music with with the vocals and guitar distortion of black metal. Arguably, it's not even really black metal. More importantly, it's uninteresting.



Moribund Records

Cosmic Infusion: Cosmic Infusion (2013)

There seems to be a terrible, terrible mistake. The promo materials called this atmospheric black metal, which is something I decided to take a gamble on. Instead, it's symphonic black metal, which is something I'm no longer interested in. Also, their cover art looks like parody.



Éva Polgár and Sándor Vály: Gilgamesh (2014)

A QR code for a cover, and weird piano/synthesizer/saxophone music. Not weird in a good way, either, although it would make for a cool movie soundtrack. It's tough to remember why I decided to check this out in the first place.



Ektro Records

No comments:

Post a Comment